St. Louis Public Radio Employment Opportunities
STLPR seeks a part-time Social Media Coordinator who will produce content across a wide variety of social media outlets, sparking civil conversations, providing resources and mediating discussions. The coordinator will analyze social media content and audience response. He/she will assist in community outreach, including organizing and participating in neighborhood forums. This temporary position of 20-25 hours weekly is part of a one-year grant from the Missouri Foundation for Health.
The ideal candidate for this position will be adept at:
- Writing professionally and engagingly with varied audiences;
- Interpersonal relationships;
- Consistently meeting tight deadlines with attention to detail.
St. Louis Public Radio, following its recent merger with The St. Louis Beacon, is expanding its talk show staff and is seeking a full time online producer to spearhead the online presence of its talk show programs “St. Louis on the Air” and “Cityscape.”
The job includes creating engaging web posts of each segment and managing the social media presence of the talk shows, as well as contributing to the development of show topics.
The ideal candidate should have:
- an insatiable curiosity;
- an ability to produce compelling, thoughtful and thought-provoking content on the web and social media;
- capacity to understand the challenges and opportunities that face the St. Louis region and grasp our connection to global issues;
- and enthusiasm for finding new ways to increase the impact of our work.
St. Louis Public Radio is located in a state of the art facility in the Grand Center Arts and Entertainment District in St. Louis.