Guest Relations Specialist (P.M.)
Application Deadline: Friday, November 16, 2018
Introduction and Description:
St. Louis Public Radio | 90.7 KWMU (STLPR) seeks a part-time Guest Relations Specialist to play an integral role in STLPR's vibrant operation in St. Louis city. The Guest Relations Specialist will work independently during an afternoon shift on the first floor of University of Missouri – St. Louis (UMSL) at Grand Center, home of St. Louis Public Radio.
This is a part time position averaging 20 hours of work per week, with opportunities for additional, occasional A.M. hours and/or special events. The standard shift for the Guest Relations Specialist (P.M.) is Monday-Friday, 12 noon to 4:00 p.m.
Ultimately, the Guest Relations Specialist is that of a concierge and steward of St. Louis Public Radio. You will interact frequently in-person, on the phone, and online with colleagues, guests, UMSL staff, STLPR board members, donors, and other station stakeholders. Therefore, an enthusiastic, neat, calm, and professional approach will be necessary to thrive in this job.
Guest Relations Specialists should expect to gain and exhibit a deep understanding of St. Louis Public Radio's products and services, both on-air and online.
Primary responsibilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Welcoming guests and UMSL students and staff to the building;
- Answering STLPR’s main phone line and voicemail and providing assistance to callers;
- Monitoring the STLPR general inquiry email account;
- Communicating with colleagues and external parties via email, phone, and Slack.
Other tasks include:
- Routing phone calls and voicemails using the ShoreTel phone system;
- Assisting with set-up/breakdown of on-site station events/room rentals;
- Ensuring the first floor lobby is a tidy and welcoming space;
- Receiving deliveries and sorting daily mail;
- Keeping a visitor log and validating parking tickets;
- Supporting various departments on projects as needed;
- Serving as backup when available for the afternoon Guest Relations shift in the instance of planned or unplanned absence.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 2+ years of experience in any of the following areas of employment, regardless of field -- Customer Service, Office Administration, Service Industry, Guest Relations, Hospitality;
- Proficiency in the use of the internet and Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills;
- Enthusiasm for interacting with internal and external customers hailing from a variety of backgrounds and with unique experiences and viewpoints;
- Commitment to punctuality and teamwork;
- Capacity to multitask during peak hours of operation;
- Working knowledge and awareness of public radio;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Existing passion for, and beyond-superficial knowledge of, STLPR’s products, services, and presence in the St. Louis community;
- Availability to occasionally staff before- or after-hours on-site events;
- Organization skills, maturity, and dedication to exemplary customer service that will further STLPR's mission.
St. Louis Public Radio is a service of the University of Missouri - St. Louis. In order to be considered for this position, you must visit UMSL's employment site and complete an online application. Job ID: 28284.