Market Enginuity: Account Executive
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 31, 2019
Market Enginuity is seeking a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team representing St. Louis Public Radio. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for radio, digital media and events. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
At Market Enginuity, we fuel mission-driven, educational and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work. Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets across the country.
About St. Louis Public Radio:
St. Louis Public Radio is a news organization and NPR member station, operating by the same guiding principles as NPR, providing its audiences with news and programs significant to their communities and their world. NPR is one of the most trusted brands in America.
St. Louis Public Radio serves audiences across the St. Louis Metropolitan region, in Quincy, Illinois, and in Rolla and Lebanon, Missouri.
As community members in the listening areas they serve, the staff at St. Louis Public Radio wants their journalism, programs, events, board, and outreach to give rise to thoughtful and informed actions and solutions to issues that affect the listening community, and expand, enrich, and enhance collective understanding and connection to each other, to our communities, and to our world.
A Master of the Art of the Sale:
In this outside sales position, you will sell sponsorships for St. Louis Public Radio - broadcast and digital media, along with year-round events - by developing new business while managing and growing an account list. An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local digital media. In this consultative sales role, you will make sales calls to decision-makers at local businesses to understand their marketing needs, and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life-cycle sales position - you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, secure the sale, develop copy and service the account.
Key Qualities and Skills You Possess:
- 3+ years of media sales or agency experience – print or digital preferred.
- 4-year degree in marketing, business, communications or related field.
- Passion for public media! We are looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about St. Louis Public Radio programming and events.
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
- Time and resource management skills.
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple media platforms.
- Technology skills: Online CRM, MS Excel and PowerPoint, Order and Billing system (Marketron preferred) and Nielsen.
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Collaborative personality and reverence for communication with management and peers for insight and feedback
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor.
Market Enginuity Offers:
- Market competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, tax-favored spending accounts, disability and life plans, employee assistance program and retirement savings 401(k) plan.
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with Paid Time Off and holidays
- Smart, creative, and collaborative colleagues.
- Core values that serve as the foundation of our culture and are infused into the way we work.