Underwriting Account Executive (Market Enginuity)
Application Deadline: Monday, June 29, 2020
Market Enginuity is looking for a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team representing St. Louis Public Radio. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to generate sponsorship revenue for radio, digital media and events. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
"A Master of the Art of the Sale":
In this entry level outside sales position, you'll sell sponsorships for St. Louis Public Radio - broadcast and digital media and events - by developing new business and managing and growing an account list. An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local digital media. In this consultative sales role, you'll make sales calls to decision-makers at local businesses to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life-cycle sales position - you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, secure the sale, develop copy and service the account.
Key Qualities and Skills:
- 2+ years of media sales or agency experience – print or digital preferred;
- Passion for public media! We are looking for a BIG fan who is knowledgeable about St. Louis Public Radio programming and events;
- 4-year degree in marketing, business, communications or related field desirable;
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process;
- Time and resource management skills;
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple media platforms;
- Technology skills: Online CRM, MS Excel and PowerPoint, Order and Billing system (Marketron preferred) and Nielsen;
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle;
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills;
- Collaborative personality and reverence for communication with management and peers for insight and feedback;
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor.
About St. Louis Public Radio:
St. Louis Public Radio is a news organization and NPR member station, operating by the same guiding principles as NPR, providing its audiences with news and programs significant to their communities and world.
St. Louis Public Radio serves audiences across the St. Louis Metropolitan region, Quincy, Illinois, and Rolla and Lebanon, Missouri.
St. Louis Public Radio works for its journalism, programs, events, board and outreach to give rise to thoughtful and informed actions and solutions to issues that affect the listening community, and expand, enrich and enhance collective understanding and connection to each other, our communities and our world.
About Market Enginuity:
At Market Enginuity, we fuel mission-driven, educational and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work. Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets across the country.
Market Enginuity offers:
- Market competitive compensation;
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, tax-favored spending accounts, life, disability, accident, critical illness, employee assistance program, pet insurance and retirement savings 401(k) plan;
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with paid time off and holidays;
- Smart, creative and collaborative colleagues;
- Core values that serve as the foundation of our culture and are infused into the way we work.
EOE M / F / D / V
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
To apply, visit the "Public Media account Executive - St. Louis Public Radio" job posting on the Market Enginuity careers site. Position open until filled.